Our programs are just another way we make rent rewarding, by giving back and helping those in need.
Rent relief for renters.
These are tough economic times made even worse by Covid. Piñata wants to do our small part to help. That’s why we started Pinata Cares rent relief program so that we can help people who are struggling to make their rent payments. Amazing people who just deserve a break.
If you know someone who fits this description, please go ahead and nominate now!
Meet our Rent Relief Recipients
Jihan is part super mom, part super educator who has a passion for e-teaching young people who normally don’t receive access to a first-class education. Like everyone else, she got blindsided by the pandemic, but is poised for a massive comeback. So world, get ready for the force that is Jihan!
Courtney is a force to be reckoned with! She had a flourishing catering company that could barely keep up with demand–that is, until Covid hit. Immediately, the orders stopped as she watched her dreams slip away. Now she’s back with a vengeance, and we have all the faith in the world it will be better than ever.
Renata is a ray of light and positivity. Don’t take our word for it. Check out her Instagram for a blast of good vibes. But like everyone else, Renata struggled to meet her rent payments. Now she’s made it through the worst of it and ready to continue lighting up the world. Don’t forget to follow her : )
Orlando, our OG recipient, built a cleaning business in northern Virginia. Sadly, Orlando’s business got hit hard by Covid, but we have faith a little rent relief is all he needed to get things grooving again. We believe in you Orlando!
If you know a renter who’s been hard hit by C19, nominate them below for rent relief! To be eligible, both the nominator and the nominee must have registered Piñata accounts.
T&Cs: Pinata Cares rent relief program
1. Program Details. As described below, Piñata will pay one month’s rent on behalf of selected needy renters who, based on their applications, have had their livelihoods disrupted by the current COVID-19 crisis and are struggling to pay rent. Any individual renter who meets the eligibility requirements in Section 3 (each an “Eligible Renter”) and who, during the Program Period, submits a completed application form, including, without limitation, Eligible Renter and landlord contact information, lease information, and consent for social media marketing, on the Piñata website (each a “Qualifying Eligible Renter”) may be selected by Piñata to receive a grant in the amount of one month’s rent, but not to exceed $1,000.00 (a “Grant”). Piñata will at its sole discretion determine the Grant recipient (each, a “Recipient”) based on predetermined need criteria, and the Grant will be made as a payment from Piñata to each Recipient’s landlord (each, a “Landlord”) on behalf of the Recipient in the amount of the Recipient’s monthly rent as specified in the Recipient’s lease agreement with the Landlord. Each Recipient and each other occupant of Recipient’s apartment, collectively, may receive no more than one (1) Grant. Grants are non-transferable.
2. Start/End Times. The period of the Pinata Cares rent relief program (the “Program”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) April 27, 2020 and ends when determined by Piñata (the “Program Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to renters who are legal residents of the United States and of a jurisdiction in the United States in which the Program is not prohibited by applicable law, who are 18 or older as of the date of application and have an active lease for which one month’s rent is $1000.00 or less, and payable to an associated landlord who will accept the Grant from Piñata.
4. Notification. Recipients and Landlords will be notified by email and posted on Piñata social media accounts, as well as announced via press releases and other marketing activations, in each case, as determined by Piñata. If a Recipient cannot be located, if a Recipient does not respond to repeated outreach from Piñata, if a Landlord cannot be located or does not respond, or if either a Recipient or a Landlord is not registered on the Platform at time of notification (in each case, as determined by Piñata), the Grant will be withdrawn and provided to another Qualifying Eligible Renter instead, chosen at the sole discretion of Piñata based on its predetermined need criteria.
5. Standard Terms. All determinations with respect to the Program (including, without limitation, Grants) are made in the sole discretion of Piñata, and all determinations of Piñata shall be final and binding in all respects. Piñata may refuse, disqualify or terminate any person at any time. Each Recipient shall be solely responsible for all taxes with respect to each Grant. Each Eligible Renter and each other person who submits an application form hereby releases Piñata and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and stockholders from any and all claims in connection with the Program. Piñata shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages in connection with the Program. Grants are not made based on chance or on skill of any Recipient and Recipients are not selected at random. By accepting a Grant, each Recipient grants to Piñata a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use Recipient’s name, voice, photograph and likeness in any media worldwide for promotional purposes.